Herfindahl files for District 2 county commission
With only hours left for candidates to file for office Tuesday, Benson Township farmer Grant Herfindahl entered the race for the District 2 Swift County Board of Commissioner’s seat.
His filing sets up a race with former County Assessor Ed Pederson. The district includes the north half of Benson as well as Benson Township.
Last month, current District 2 Commissioner Gary Klemm announced he would not seek re-election. He was elected to his first term in 2010. Though county board terms are for four years, he had to seek re-election to the seat in 2012 because his district boundaries changed due to redistricting based on the 2010 Census.
Commissioner Joe Fox, District 4 – Hegbert Township, has filed for re-election to the board and is unopposed at this time.
Photo: Grant Herfindahl explains to school children in Glenwood, how the public "People's Garden" works. Photo courtesy Pope County Tribune.
- Swift County Fair this week; fundraising for new restroom facilities underway
- Inspection of Milan Bridge starts Aug. 18 on Highway 40
- County votes 4-1 to hire PR firm for prison effort
- Thunderstorms and possible strong storms Thursday (today)
- Repeat texting and driving offenders face stiffer penalties