Snow should taper off by evening
Periods of heavy snow Wednesday are falling across much of central and southwest Minnesota. Snowfall reports of up to 8 inches of snow have been received. The snow is between South Dakota and the Twin Cities in Minnesota, and as far north as Duluth Superior and into western Wisconsin. The snow should taper off in Western Minnesota by suppertime.
Estimates of snow in Benson are between 4 and 6 inches. Winds are gusting to 23 miles per hour and the current temperature at 3:30 was 28 degrees.
Hancock schools closed at 1 today, however most area schools remained in session. Some activities were called off.
Photo: Students leaving school were greeted by a flurry of snow and wind. Photo by Reed Anfinson.
- Large city roads project gets underway in May
- Benson’s assessed value increases by nearly $1.5 million
- They’re back . . . BHS choir students return from 6-day trip to New York City
- A mild winter means ice goes off Minnesota’s lakes early
- More options made available to buffer strip state requirements