KMS football team ends the regular-season
The KMS football team ended the regular-season without a win after losing in the regular-season finale last Wednesday night in Murdock to Osakis, 52-6. The Saints scored just 21 points over its final five games, and scored 63 total points for the season.
Osakis went up 20-0 after one quarter , 36-0 by halftime and 44-0 early in the third quarter before the Saints finally got on the board on a 15-yard touchdown run by Rylan Hatlestad.
KMS earned the seventh seed in the upcoming Section 4A Tourney and was set to play at second-seeded Atwater-CGC in the quarterfinal round of the playoffs at 7 p.m, Tuesday (yesterday) in Grove City. With a win, the Saints would move on to the section semifinals at 7 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 26 against most likely Minneapolis North.
Osakis 52, KMS 6
Osakis dominated the non-conference game with the Saints last Wednesday night, piling up 413 yards of total offense in 63 offensive plays compared to 164 yards of offense for KMS on just 33 plays.
Photo: Jordan Engler gets ready to throw a pass during action earlier this fall for the Saints.
- Boys tennis team opens up the season with two big wins
- Benson wrestlers compete at Region NYWA and State Jaycees tourney
- Pahl earns MBA’s Hobey Baker award; Gimberlin and Bruns earn MVP honors
- Ascheman, Goff and Koosmann have top records for BHS wrestlers
- Braves score season- low 38 points in Section 6AA-opening loss to Litch