Benson-KMS girls first and boys second at WCC Meet
The Benson-KMS cross-country teams are peaking at the right time.
The girls’ cross-country team edged Montevideo for the title at the WCC Cross-Country Meet last Wednesday, while the boys team placed second behind Montevideo.
In addition, the Benson-KMS girls had four runners place among the top-11 to earn All-Conference, including Bethany Rosemeier , who was second overall with a time of 15:31, and the boys team had one All-Conference runner as Josh Bailey, placed sixth overall with a time of 18:27.
The WCC meet had been scheduled for last Tuesday, but was moved back a day due to rain and cold.
Next up for the cross-country teams is the Section 6A Cross-Country Meet, set for Thursday, Oct. 24 at Long Prairie-GE.
Photo: The Benson-KMS girls team won the WCC meet and Bethany Rosemieier (above) placed second in the individual portion of the meet.
- Boys tennis team opens up the season with two big wins
- Benson wrestlers compete at Region NYWA and State Jaycees tourney
- Pahl earns MBA’s Hobey Baker award; Gimberlin and Bruns earn MVP honors
- Ascheman, Goff and Koosmann have top records for BHS wrestlers
- Braves score season- low 38 points in Section 6AA-opening loss to Litch