The annual BHS Student Council Food Shelf Drive
The annual BHS Student Council Food Shelf Drive is scheduled for Thursday night, Oct. 31 (Halloween night) during normal trick-or-treating hours from 6-7:30 p.m.. In the past, BHS students have blanketed the communities of Benson, DeGraff, and Clontarf. The event is sponsored by the Business Professionals of America and the Benson High School Student Council. It is also an event for those who want to participate in “We Scare Hunger”, part of the Free the Children movement that involved over 50 Benson students on Tuesday, Oct. 11 (“We Day”).
Steve Ricard, Student Council Advisor, said, “We are going to try and get Benson, DeGraff, Danvers, Clontarf, and Swift Falls covered this year, provided we can get enough drivers. If residents prefer to give a donation of money instead of food, that would be even better. The Food Shelf can turn those dollars into more food. If anyone has any questions about the drive or if they want to volunteer to drive they can call Steve Ricard at 843-2710.
- Large city roads project gets underway in May
- Benson’s assessed value increases by nearly $1.5 million
- They’re back . . . BHS choir students return from 6-day trip to New York City
- A mild winter means ice goes off Minnesota’s lakes early
- More options made available to buffer strip state requirements