Three-team scrimmage is Saturday
The Benson football team is set to host a three-team scrimmage beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 24 on Brock Field. Set to take part in the scrimmage are varsity, JV, and possibly ninth grade teams from Benson, KMS, and Montevideo High Schools. The full-contact scrimmage will start with Benson and Montevideo going at it at 9 a.m., followed by KMS vs. Montevideo, and KMS against Benson.
Each scrimmage will include 25 plays for each offense, including 20 regular plays and the final five from the goalline. Everyone in the community is invited to watch the free scrimmage. Benson opened up practice Monday morning with 65 potential players in grades 9-12.
Benson is also set to host Lac qui Parle for a team practice beginning at 7:30 p.m., Monday, Aug. 26 under the lights at Brock Field.
The practice will include a scrimmage under the lights for both teams, including specialty and return teams.
Photo: Benson football defensive coordinator Roger Lindahl works with the linemen on a running play during the opening week of football practices. The Braves are set to host a 3-team scrimmage Saturday and the 2013 opener is set for Friday, Aug. 30 at Melrose (played at St. John’s).
- Benson wrestlers compete at Region NYWA and State Jaycees tourney
- Pahl earns MBA’s Hobey Baker award; Gimberlin and Bruns earn MVP honors
- Ascheman, Goff and Koosmann have top records for BHS wrestlers
- Braves score season- low 38 points in Section 6AA-opening loss to Litch
- Two BHS gymnasts earn All-WCC honors